Friday, March 17, 2017

Feeling a bit down - How Baby massage class can help.

I’ve been feeling very down since the birth of my baby and do not feel like going to a group class as I might not be in very good form. What should I do?

I’ve been feeling very down since the birth of my baby and do not feel like going to a group class as I might not be in very good form. What should I do?
Don’t worry, lots of mums feel like this after having a baby. You may be surprised to find that it is a support being in an environment where others are experiencing similar feelings, worries and problems as yourself. Most instructors include time for a cup of tea/coffee and a chat during or after their classes, and talking with other mums can really improve your form and help you cope.
Research also shows that baby massage can help to improve the feelings and moods you may be experiencing. When you massage your baby, the hormone ‘oxytocin’ is released into your body. This is also known as ‘the hormone of love’ and it will lift your mood and help you feel better.
It might be a big effort to enrol for a group course, but you should try it. It may help in more ways than you would expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment